quinta-feira, 18 de março de 2004

How we "met" Tom (IV)

Continuarei a colocar excertos de um debate em constante actualização aqui. Espero contribuir com isto para a divulgação de qualquer coisa boa, rara e pouco divulgada.


De:Jules Ryan (jules_7562@yahoo.com)
Assunto:Re: When did you get lucky?


Grupos de discussão:alt.music.tom-waits
Data:2004-03-16 06:42:34 PST



"Believe it or not, my first exposure to Tom was on MTV in 1985, when I
was still in high school. In the early to mid 80's they had a weekly
show called "120 Minutes" showcasing "alternative" videos, and I
watched it whenever I could. They played the video to Downtown Train,
and I fell in love with it. Around that time I was also buying the
british music mag New Music Express (NME), and one issue had a flexi
single that had an alternate version of Downtown Train. (I still have
it - I wonder what that would fetch on Ebay?). So then I bought my
first Tom album - a used copy of Foreign Affair - but I didn't like it
much, and kinda forgot about him until college, where I got Rain Dogs
and Swordfishtrombones and fell in love all over again. Then I got to
see him live in Ann Arbor in 1987, and have been a dedicated fanatic
ever since."

Jules

............................

De:AtticusKirk (atticuskirk@aol.com)
Assunto:Re: When did you get lucky?



Grupos de discussão:alt.music.tom-waits
Data:2004-03-18 03:37:26 PST


Sometime in the 1970's my brother and I, in our early teens, accepted and
invitation to jam at a local hippy's house in Gisborne, NZ. He played Small
Change, and I was hooked. I bought The Heart Of Saturday Night soon after and
was even more hooked. Been hooked ever since. I love every period of his
music. Saw him live in London in 1987(?) and would love to see him again.
Probably my second favourite artist (after the Fall).

Sem comentários:

Web Analytics